My life can finally feel full again. Just kidding (sort of). Thanks to my friend Heather, I finally got my hands on a GOOD grain-free pancake recipe. I’ve tried so many different recipes claiming to be amazing and all I would end up with were flaky, crumbling or burnt “pancakes.” No good. I’m not super good at photographing recipes (because I try to make things as quickly as possible and then eat it all within 2 minutes) so all I have is the photo above. So let’s get to the point. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour (otherwise known as tapioca starch)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Beat egg whites until stiff (after failing a few times before, I've since learned that you CANNOT get any egg yolk in the whites. Also make sure your bowl or mixer is very clean. I put it on the highest/fastest setting for a few minutes until they are stiff.
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients. In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients while slowly mixing. If it's too dry, I'll add a bit of water.
- Fold egg whites in. I essentially just take a large portion and flip/fold into the bowl until it's all mixed.
- Heat a pan on medium and grease with coconut oil.
- Place ¼ cup of batter and then I'll slightly spread to make pancakes that are about 3-4 inches wide.
- This recipe makes me 6 pancakes so definitely double it if you're feeding more people!
Also, I smother them with peanut butter and top with maple syrup. Side of bacon. My day is made.