When it comes to eating gluten, grain and sugar-free – I often am asked, “So what do you eat?” After assuring them that I eat really well they usually ask me for recipes or suggestions on what to make if they were to eliminate something like grain. I’ll admit – I am NOT a good cook. I work a lot and would rather eat out if I am given the option but that’s not always great for our budget. I approach cooking with the desire to make something fast, flavorful and filling. I thought our first recipe should be one of my go-to meals: the chorizo egg bake!
This dish can be made for breakfast, brunch or dinner. It’s easy, fast and the chorizo adds a lot of flavor. Like I said – I’m aiming for simple but I get my eggs, meat and veggies all in one dish!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 5-6 eggs
- Pork Chorizo
- Green onions
- A bunch of cilantro
- Heat a cast iron skillet on med-high and pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Start cooking up the chorizo (if the chorizo is Mexican – you should probably remove the casing before cooking).
- While the meat cooks, chop up all of the produce to a size that you prefer.
- I keep the cilantro and the green onion separate to sprinkle after it has baked.
- Add in the vegetables once the chorizo is fully cooked.
- Whisk 5-6 eggs in a separate bowl.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, pour the eggs over everything.
- Place in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked solid.
- Sprinkle the green onion and cilantro on top.