Every Monday we hope to share a quick food prep Sunday post. Mary and I both like to get a tackle on the week before it even starts and it usually begins in the kitchen! This week’s food prep was a bit unique since I’m hosting my first real Thanksgiving with my family on Thursday! Side note: I am so nervous!
Here’s how my food prep went:
- Went through my cookbook and Pinterest boards to find recipes
- Used my handy printed template to schedule out meals + log what ingredients I’d need to buy
- Actually planned out when I could make all the food for Thanksgiving and a schedule for the few days leading up to it. I plan to make as much of my green bean salad as I can before cooking it on Thursday, making my pumpkin pie and biscuits the night before and brining the turkey too. I purchased Danielle Walker’s Thanksgiving eBook for most of my recipes this year!
- Went to the grocery store with Adam
- Made a loaf of banana bread, two pizzas for dinner, chai tea concentrate and cleaned the kitchen
Like I said, not as much prep as usual but I’ll be cooking way more than I normally do throughout a week. I thought I’d share my menu/grocery list template that I use for food prep today! You can download the PDF here.
I have each day listed for you to plan dinner. Then at the bottom I have lunch and breakfast ideas since I don’t usually plan a different breakfast and lunch each day. This week I plan on making sweet potato hash/egg, tuna or eating banana bread Monday-Wednesday.
As you list out your meals, you can add the ingredients over to the right hand side of the sheet. I list meats/poultry/fish and produce at the top. Minimally processed foods like kettle chips, cheese or pumpkin puree can go below that. Then I leave two smaller spots for our Kroger’s “healthy section” and miscellaneous. I tend to get things like coconut milk, almond milk, eggs and raw nuts in the healthy section. I leave things like poultry seasoning, paper towels and anything random for the misc section!
Are you planning for a Thanksgiving meal this week? Traveling? How do you handle meal planning around the holidays?