Right after the new year, my lips got really dry over the course of one night. I religiously apply chapstick but I couldn’t find it so I used a cheap lipgloss instead. Big mistake. I was left with chapped lips…which led to swollen lips (uh, my lips are already huge)…and now they’re just constantly dry. I try exfoliating. I try moisturizing. Nothing seems to work.
Earlier this week, however, the skin around my mouth seemed to be getting more and more irritated. Add in a few more skin issues and I realized I needed to make a change. Bad diet and concealer won’t take you far when it comes to a glowing complexion. I’m away from home for the next couple weeks and so I don’t have my normal lotion/face oil/diet. So I’m publicly creating a list on how I attempt to fix this issue with hopes that maybe you all have recommendations too!
- I ordered 100% organic Argan oil online and it will arrive today. That’s what I usually use to moisturize my face but have been using coconut oil the last few days.
- I’m reading Liz Wolfe’s Skintervention right now and am excited to learn from her!
- I’m eliminating alcohol (although I rarely drink), sugar + grains from my diet until the 17th. I’m eager to see how that effects everything.
- I wonder if I should eliminate coffee too but I’m scared…
- I’m avoiding makeup. I had recently started using a new makeup brush + concealer so I’ll be ditching those.
- I’m not sure what to use for a lip moisturizer. I picked up Aqauphor’s lip repair. EOS and Burt’s Bees isn’t doing it.
- It’s been extremely cold + dry. Perhaps I should invest in a humidifier?
If any of you have any ideas, tips or recs I’d love to hear them! I often feel silly getting worked up about skin issues but it’s been physically bothering me lately so I’m really searching for a solution.