Hey everyone, Mary here. I was asked on my Instagram feed to post a recipe to a green smoothie photo I posted. It is very simple, tasty, and full of everything nice! I talked recently about Juicing Vs. Blending which can give you a list of reasons why you might want to consider adding these drinks to your diet. This green smoothie is blended which means all the healthy fiber is still present. James, my husband, and I have been drinking these since 2010 when we purchased our Vitamix. They are fast and require less than a minute of prep and clean up. In this particular smoothie I used kale, spinach, banana, and a scoop of Amazing Grass High Energy Supplement. However, we typically use pineapple in this recipe as well, but I of course was out of it. The recipe below includes the pineapple. Hope you enjoy!
- Handful of kale
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass High Energy Supplement (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Wash kale leaves and remove from stem.
- Place a few ice cubes and a little bit of water in blender.
- Place kale leaves, spinach leaves, banana, pineapple, and Amazing Grass (if using) in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
*Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.