What is it about lemon water?
I just did a google search for “lemon water” and got 42,000,000 results. Seems pretty important. I personally began drinking lemon water for its health benefits in 2010. Today I wanted to share with you the top health benefits that I found from drinking lemon water. I’m pretty sure after reading them you will want to go make you a glass. The benefits include:
- Antioxidants and Anticancer Properties– Antioxidants not only neutralize free radicals, but they also help reverse damage.
- Vitamin C– Lemons are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that is helpful in boosting immunity. It also helps to speed up wound healing and lesson allergies.
- Digestion– Lemons aid in relieving symptoms of indigestion. They also help to prevent or alleviate constipation, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Alkalizing– Lemons may taste acidic, but they are alkalizing to the body. Increasing body alkalinity can aid in fighting off bacteria and viruses that tend to thrive in an acidic environment. Its anti-bacterial property can help fight off a cold, sore throat, flu, and even helps reduce fever.
- Potassium– Lemons are also high in potassium. Potassium plays a role in heart health and depression.
- Purify Liver– Warm lemon water aids in purifying the liver by flushing out toxins and controlling excessive bile flow. By flushing out toxins from the body, lemon water aids in reducing inflammation. This is very helpful for those suffering with arthritis and many other chronic diseases.
- Good for Skin– Lemons are naturally antiseptic, which means they reduce the possibility of infections. Lemons are often applied topically for this reason. Vitamin C is anti-aging and plays a role in reducing wrinkles, blackheads, and assists in fading scars.
How to Drink Lemon Water
“Drinking it once a day is beneficial, but drinking it twice a day is even better.”
The same article recommends drinking it neither hot nor cold. Drinking either warm or at room temperature preserves the enzymatic and energetic properties. In summary they say:
“However, drinking fresh lemon juice at any temperature is better than not drinking it at all.”
I could not agree more. The benefits are so worth every sip of that refreshing drink. I believe I’ll go make me a glass right now! Do any of you drink lemon water? If so, what do you enjoy about it? Are you interested in adding this to your routine?